8-week online experiential class to learn How to Survive and Thrive as a Catalyst.
Accelerate creating change and achieving your vision, while creating more sustainable ways of working.
Instructors: Tracey Lovejoy & Shannon Lucas
- 8 online sessions: March 24, 31, April 7, 14, 21, 28, May 5, 12; 8:00-9:30AM pacific time
- 8 office hour sessions to drop-in, connect, ask questions, get feedback: March 27, April 3, 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 14; 8:00-9:00AM pacific time
Join an intimate group of 25 Catalyst peers to support you on your journey!
Making change can be invigorating. As a Catalyst you see ways to solve problems, opportunities to improve existing solutions and possibilities to better the world…ALL THE TIME. And then you JUMP. And it feels so good to drive to action. However, it can also be difficult and painful - because you have so many ideas it can be overwhelming, because those around you can feel threatened or scared by your pace and daring goals or because you drive so hard so often you can hit burnout again and again.
At Catalyst Constellations we understand your journey – the highs and lows. We’ve done the research and we’ve literally written the book.
…Is my way of being and desire to make positive change wrong? How do I minimize the frequencies and lows of burnout? How do I explain to people what seems obvious to me so I can get them to join me? How do I create time to accomplish all of the things I see could make the world around me better? How do I explain the unique value I bring as a problem solver and dot-connector to an organization?... In this course you’ll learn frameworks and skills to tackle all of these questions.
In the Catalyst Foundry we come together to clarify our identities as Catalysts, then learn and practice skills that will allow us to sustain our energy and thrive while we make meaningful change. And we do this together with a group of like-minded Catalysts, creating a safe tribe to experiment and grow with.
We will ask you to apply the skills to your real-world goals and projects so you can increase your effectiveness in your current situations. And you will do so with the guidance of the instructors and learning from other Catalysts on the same journey.
In this course you will:
- Understand yourself better as a Catalyst, exploring how Catalysts are unique and valuable.
- Articulate your personal strengths and value as a Catalyst.
- Learn the mistakes we make as Catalysts and how to avoid them.
- Evaluate your current skill in creating positive change.
- Clarify the vision of what you would like to manifest, allowing you to more successfully bring others along with you.
- Map your success path toward your vision and taking iterative steps to achieve it.
- Reframe challenge and failure so you can leverage them, rather than be knocked down.
- Reflect on your cycles of burnout, and build a routine of rejuvenation to minimize your cycles.
What we’ll do.
This online class is designed to create an interactive and connective experience, led by the founders of the Catalyst movement. Each week we will tackle a new topic together. Nothing is pre-recorded. The challenges and real-world projects of Catalysts in your class will be brought forward in our discussions, enabling everyone to connect deeply and up-level together.
In addition to the weekly class sessions, you will have optional homework assignments that will allow you to put skills instantly into practice to further your personal goals and projects, targeting one hour per week. And we offer drop-in office hours to ask questions or get feedback. Plus each week you will be connected with a fellow Catalyst from class to share homework and experiences, effectively broadening your network and building stronger connections.
For the duration of the course, plus 2-months after the final class, you will have access to the Online Global Catalyst Network.
The time commitment.
The class includes live, online sessions as well as independent work to be completed between sessions on your own time.
- Eight 1.5-hour live, online sessions, once per week for eight weeks. A total of 12 hours.
- Assignments to be completed on your own time will include a mix of light reading, reflection and brief writing exercises. Approximately 1 hour per week, a total of 8 hours.
- Optional: Peer coaching in pairs between sessions. Approximately 30-minutes per week between class 1 and 8, for a maximum total of 3.5 hours.
- Optional: Office hours, hours completely dependent on your desire and need.
All sessions will be recorded so you can still participate even if you have to miss a class.
All sessions are Tuesdays 8:00-9:30AM pacific time.
SESSION 1: March 24, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Me as a Catalyst
In this session we’ll explore the attributes and challenges of Catalysts, aligning your personal experiences to other Catalysts. You will evaluate your current skill in creating positive change and identify areas where you would like to develop. Then we will dive into the importance of purpose and vision in our Catalyst journeys.
What we will accomplish: You will understand yourself as a Catalyst, your super powers and blind spots.
SESSION 2: March 31, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Vision: Clearly Stating, Mapping and Leveraging
In this session we will deep-dive into the skills and tools of building and sharing a vision. We will hear the visions of others in class to understand how others approach this critical step toward creating positive change.
What we will accomplish: Understanding the Catalyst superpower of Visioning and developing supportive tools to prioritize, clarify, and bring other’s along with us to achieve maximum impact.
SESSION 3: April 7, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Action + Iteration: Building the Path to Manifestation One Action Step at a Time
In this session we will talk about the Catalyst’s natural pattern of action and iteration, and how we can more powerfully create change by leveraging our natural competence with intention. We will focus on action not just as a way to move toward your vision, but also a way to gather feedback, which feeds the momentum creating iteration cycle.
What we will accomplish: Clarity on the natural action/iteration process of Catalyst with an understanding about how intentionality, empathy and slowing down can improve success. And creating an Action Map that outlines your vision and concrete steps needed to manifest that vision; with input from your Catalyst peer group.
SESSION 4: April 14, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Rejuvenation: The Essential Container for a Catalyst’s Sustained Changemaking
In this session we will discuss the cycles of burnout, even trauma, that Catalyst’s frequent. We will discuss the types of rejuvenation and build an ideal map of rejuvenation for your needs. We spend some extra time discussing mindfulness. We will also discuss the importance of psychological safety – how to identify and cultivate it in organizational contexts. And the powerful energy that comes from identifying your tribe.
What we will accomplish: Identify and (re)commit to practices of rejuvenation that will support you on your journey as a Catalyst to minimize burnout.
SESSION 5: April 21, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Orchestration Part 1: Influence & Networks
Many times in our desire to create change we must have others join us to fully manifest our vision. For many Catalysts this orchestration of others can be challenging. In this session we will consider the importance of orchestrating, and our role as an orchestra conductor. Then we will discuss how to increase your influence and map your networks so you can wisely identify the most important people to influence.
What we will accomplish: Understanding the best way to build social capital, mapping your network to remove blockers, and develop the most important long-term allies.
SESSION 6: April 28, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Orchestration Part 2: Breadcrumbing and Other Communication Skills
In our second class focused on orchestration we will dive into a variety of communication skills that will allow us to more successfully enlist and orchestrate others, including a key strategy of breadcrumbing, the intentional act of helping people see how you have come to your vision and keeping them up to date on your path as you act and iterate.
What we will accomplish: Learn how to document your role as the Catalyst of the idea (to help you articulate your value) while bringing people on the journey by making them feel like co-creators and co-owners of the concept.
SESSION 7: May 5, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Value & Confidence: Claiming Your Value as a Path to Confidence
In this class we will discuss the value Catalysts bring to projects and organizations, allowing each participant to identify their personal strengths and value. We will also discuss the elusive relationship Catalysts have with feeling successful, and steps to take to increase feelings of success and accomplishment.
What we will accomplish: Learn to understand, own and articulate your value as a Catalyst.
SESSION 8: May 12, 8:00-9:30AM pacific time UTC-7
Putting It All Into Practice
In our final class we will review key concepts, celebrate how you have put them into practice over the length of the course and set intentions to ensure continued success.
What we will accomplish: Closing our journey together celebrating what is working already and getting clear on what you’ll put into practice moving forward.
What are your cancellation and transfer policies?
If you need to cancel more than 14 days before the start of the course you’ll be refunded 50% of the registration fee. No refunds will be made within 14 days of the start of the course.
Being catalytic can feel amazing – you have a drive that gets you out of bed, see opportunity everywhere and manifest meaningful change
When Catalysts come up against existing organizational processes, their speed and impact can be challenged, their perspectives seemed too provocative, their iterative process too fast or risky. This can lead to feelings of isolation or even burnout.
Whether you’re a Catalyst Executive, Head of Human Resources, building an Innovation Program or an Individual Contributor, we’re here to help. We have a variety of ways to support you; from identifying the Catalysts within your company, to Catalyst Team Empowerment and Catalyst Skill Development. We help companies sustainably support, engage, and value their leading change agents driving retention and maximum positive change impact.
CATALYST GALAXY NETWORK
Join a curated online global network of your peers in a closed forum of people who self-identify as Catalysts. Find the ease of being with other change makers who move at lightning speed and create positive impact in the world.
Learn from your peers with monthly topics, personal challenges, and case studies about how to increase your change impact while finding personally sustainable routines to support you along the journey to avoid burnout and isolation.
2020 DATES TBD
- Gather in a magnificent setting to recharge, envision and connect! We carefully curate each cohort with a focus on creating strong diversity of thought and experience. Everyone who joins is catalytic. We select for a group of individuals with a growth mindset - who can receive as well as give.
- Check out our testimonials about the transformative experience of a Catalyst Constellations Retreat.
- Retreats are held at a beautiful eco-lodge on the shores of beautiful Northern California.
- Full attendance (in body and mind) is absolutely mandatory for the duration of the retreat – Friday through Sunday afternoon. We will have breaks if you need to check your phone or email, we but encourage you to clear your schedule for the mental, emotional, spiritual space you will need for the weekend.
- Your post-retreat 1:1 coaching session is designed to clarify and refine the insights, tools, and methodologies you’ve gained, and to support your re-entry into real life and your journey moving forward.
- You will also have peer coaching sessions by phone once per month for at least six months. Peer coaching circles established during the retreat form an ongoing network that elevates each Catalyst’s ability to sustainably manifest their vision in the world.